Friday 7 April 2017

Painted Turtle

PAINTED TURTLE by Sea Dean 
I'm working on ideas for my summer display at Kelowna Airport. In sorting through the types of wild life we have in the area, I came across some fabulous images of the undersides of painted turtles. The Northern Painted Turtle is a famliar sight sunning themselves in our smaller lakes and pools, but I had no idea their underbellies were so beautiful. The patterns appear to be almost like a fingerprint with each variation belonging to a particular turtle.

Painted Turtle
5.5" x 4" cold pressed watercolor paper
Original Watercolor by Sea Dean



I am also working on fabric designs derived from this painting.


And the originals in all their glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.