Friday 27 October 2017

How to paint like ..... Willem de Kooning

As many of you know I teach a class called “Paint a Masterpiece” where artists of any level spend a day recreating a famous artwork to take home. Naturally, when I find some info on master technique I can’t resist a look.

Recently, I found a series of YouTube videos put out by MOMA (The Museum of Modern Art)  which demonstrate some techniques. I rather like the no nonsense style of the instructor. Enjoy!

Willem de Kooning - Part One

Willem de Kooning - Part Two



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.