Wednesday 21 February 2018

Hide and go Seek - Bob Ross in Acrylic - #30in30 - 22



I had a “happy accident“ in my studio this morning, I’ve used so much paint with Bob Ross’ method that I was squeezing remainders down the tube so it was easier to get to. I hadn’t screwed the top down on one, so Sap Green Golden Open poured all over my desk. What would Bob do I thought?

Well, I think he would use it as a ground color! so I did (See the progress collage). I became so engrossed in applying his techniques that I forgot to check the composition, so this is still a work in progress. I’m considering cropping it into two tall slices.

However, along the way I created several perfectly good paintings, seen in the progress shots below. I personally like the simplicity of #2 best. The trees in that progress shot were drawn into the transluscent wet Sap Green with a plastic palette knife.

This is painted on 9” x 12” Daler Rowney Canvas paper.

Progress shots.


Posted as #5 and #13 on 30 in 30 blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.