Sunday 27 May 2018

Long time no see

WILDFLOWER LAKE by Sea Dean - various sizes and finishes

Sorry I’ve been a stranger. I can’t believe its been so long since I posted, but all I can give as an excuse is that sometimes you need to focus on yourself. That’s not to say I haven’t been busy wih art, it’s just a different kind of busy, largely on the thinking and planning side of things.

This is my year for clean up and completion and I’ve been very focused on that. Still lots to do, but I’m pleased I’m making progress. I’m one of those people who always puts family and friends before my own needs, but this year I’m shifting focus to deal with all the personal stuff I never seem to get around to.

I purchased a condo in January and launched into the reno from hell. I’m still working that through, Still no cupboard doors or in home studio. Stuff scattered between two condos, two partial studios and four storage areas. Ug! I am however, starting to see the light.

So to update on the art front, my work has been accepted again at G97 Gallery in Peachland, BC, Canada. I’m prepping several new pieces and some old friends for delivery on Tuesday. The season opening is next weekend. I’m still working with Ritchcraft Gallery in Kelowna, BC and my Art Cards are available at Kelowna Art Gallery, Lake Country Coffee House, G97 and of course online. I’m in negotiations with two new venues, which I’m very excited about, but more on that later.

For my online presence I’m phasing out Daily Paintworks and new art will appear on Artfinder. Artfinder seems to be a very progressive online gallery and I like their format. I also plan to re-organise and upgrade my personal web presence later this year, probably in time for the holidays.

After the G97 opening on June 3rd I’m taking a month off for some much needed R & R. I will be back in mid July, rested, with a fresh outlook and loads of new images and art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.