Monday 2 July 2018

Oil pastels and Thirroul

Thirroul by Sea Dean
Oil Pastel
Approx 5” x 7” on paper

Walkabout Gem

This is a rare oil pastel work which I created at a very happy time in my life. A view of my favorite beach in a place called Thirroul, NSW Australia. Thirroul was a quiet place back then, but now the developers have moved in and Sydney folk have purchased swank condos for weekend breaks. The artists and hippies have moved on and cheap chippies have been replaced by expensive coffee shops and boutiques.

I’ve had these oil pstels since I was in art school. They always intimidated me, but looking at this painting I don’t know why. Oil pastels are less messy and more robust than soft pastels. The colors are almost as vibrant. I think I will use them more now; Perhaps I will even take some online lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.