Friday 10 August 2018

New in home studio


Yikes! I received a reminder that my exhibition slot at Lake Country Coffee shop is fast approaching! I reserved my yearly solo show in the best week of the year, during Art Walk. Now I must assemble my best show ever ... and I have only 2+ weeks to pull it off. I’m hanging the afternoon of August 18th, and the Art Walk crowd decend on September 8th and 9th.

Needless to say, it’s been urgent to get my new studio in working order and it’s happening at break neck speed. I have an expandable table set up in the lounge for an art card production line. All the boxes and bric a brac have been removed from the planned studio space and a new IKEA Micke desk assembled. A large canvas is on the main wall awaiting inspiration and another on the side wall. The small works drying rack is in place. My air cooler has found a spot, the brushes and tools are unpacked and paints in place. I’m rolling! Yay! Nothing like a deadline to get you off your duff.

I can’t get a good image of the studo because I’m sharing it with my washer/dryer and currently my vacuum cleaner is behind the door. Rest assured that its twice the size of my previous studio. What I love most is that I can step back up to 20 feet through the kitchn and dining room to view the painting I’m working on. The light is a fab halogen from IKEA with four flexible spots and I also have an LED I can use for checking. The halogens make it hot, but nice and bright.



I’m so happy to have a place to paint again. Lots more organizing to do, but my IKEA MICKE desk has two shallow slide out drawers which are useful to store paint, tools, color swatches etc. and cut the clutter. I also have a gridwall retail rack which will be mounted on the right to use as a flex easel, storage, display spot. For paintings over 60” square, I can work across the corridor in the large community craft room. As the only time I get to paint is in the middle of the night, I always have it to myself.

Things are moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.