Friday 7 December 2018

Winter has arrived


I was really pulling for my geraniums to last till Christmas, but sadly the frost got them yesterday. I probably could have put plastic over them to stretch it a few more days, but its time for my balcony to change seasons. The weather has turned crispy and last night there was black ice on the road, so it’s a good time to stay home. I’ve moved all the furniture and tidied up, so I can put pretty sparkly lights on the permanent trees and some holiday stars on the railing.


Yesterday at dawn while I was cleaning up, I discovered that I had a view of my favorite mountain, which had been hidden by the now fallen leaves on the park trees. So cool! I can even see it from my sofa in front of the gas fire. I’m loving winter in my new home.


As far as work is concerned, Frida IV is winging it’s way to the big city lights and I’m hoping to start on Frida V tomorrow. Although portraits take more time than landscapes, I’m really enjoying the challenge. I’ve had a portrait of my Mum on my bucket list for some years, so now my skills have been honed by the Frida series, I will probably work on that some time in 2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.