Monday 7 January 2013

SALTAIR

Day 6

30 in 30 Challenge 

This was inspired by a photo I took at a beach regeneration project in Australia. I was fascinated by the waving ghostly grasses and the brilliant orange of the Nasturtiums. 



SALTAIR
ORIGINAL ART ACEO 2.5" x 3.5"
Larger Originals or Prints of this ACEO by request


I'm not a gardener but I suspect that Nasturtiums like salty air and so this beach location was perfect for them. It also happened to be near the "Khanterintee" which is an indigenous name for a blowhole which sprayed water high into the air with a whoosh every time a wave hit the rocks below. It was quite a magical place and I had trouble tearing myself away as the sun dipped below the horizon.
 
To see more of my work visit Daily Paintworks

I apologise for the mix up "Sweetness" is now on auction here
 


I welcome comments below. If you have a challenge posting use Anonymous but please put your byline.


LINKS TO BLOG ARCHIVE
How many paintings does it take to become a professional Artist?
The importance of Statistics
"Every Painting should have a hint of red"
Where will your painting find a home?
A fascination for Miniatures - ATC, ACEO, OOAK etc  
"I would rather die of passion than of boredom"
 
(Cat # 13004 & Cat # 13002 - posted as # 17 on Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30)

2 comments:

  1. I always love Nasturtiums - and they sure do look lovely in your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting Claire. I always remember having Nasturtiums around in the garden when I was growing up. My mother loves anything Cerise through to Red/Violet so it's been a big influence. They seem to be happy little flowers. I remember living in a place near where this photo was taken and working back to back shifts for a couple of years. The path to and from the station went through a wild area full of nastutiums and it was a lovely bit of brightness in my hard day. Perhaps I'll paint that path from memory one day. If you're an Artist or Art Lover you may enjoy my group on Facebook "Get Your Art Out there".

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.