Monday, 7 January 2013

SALTAIR

Day 6

30 in 30 Challenge 

This was inspired by a photo I took at a beach regeneration project in Australia. I was fascinated by the waving ghostly grasses and the brilliant orange of the Nasturtiums. 



SALTAIR
ORIGINAL ART ACEO 2.5" x 3.5"
Larger Originals or Prints of this ACEO by request


I'm not a gardener but I suspect that Nasturtiums like salty air and so this beach location was perfect for them. It also happened to be near the "Khanterintee" which is an indigenous name for a blowhole which sprayed water high into the air with a whoosh every time a wave hit the rocks below. It was quite a magical place and I had trouble tearing myself away as the sun dipped below the horizon.
 
To see more of my work visit Daily Paintworks

I apologise for the mix up "Sweetness" is now on auction here
 


I welcome comments below. If you have a challenge posting use Anonymous but please put your byline.


LINKS TO BLOG ARCHIVE
How many paintings does it take to become a professional Artist?
The importance of Statistics
"Every Painting should have a hint of red"
Where will your painting find a home?
A fascination for Miniatures - ATC, ACEO, OOAK etc  
"I would rather die of passion than of boredom"
 
(Cat # 13004 & Cat # 13002 - posted as # 17 on Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30)