Thursday 17 January 2013

SEA FOAM

Day 17 - 30 in 30

I was thinking of sea foam when I painted this miniature and it occurred to me that pure water cannot create foam. Foam is caused by the minerals and microscopic sea life changing the quality of the liquid. Those additions, plus the difference in light and the varied ocean floor gives every ocean and beach it's own unique colours.

SEA FOAM
ORIGINAL ART ACEO 3.5" x 2.5"
Larger Originals in the same series, or Prints may be available. To view my Gallery please visit Daily Paintworks. 

This painting is SOLD but I'm happy to take a commission for a similar work. Contact me to inquire about prints and Art cards.

Like most of us I love the ocean. Water is highly reflective and mostly transparent, so it echoes the colours in the sky. The ocean acts like a type of lens and slightly alters the rock, coral, sand, vegetation and sea life below. 

One of the most intriguing aspects of the sea is wave action. When I've met surfers they can talk for hours about waves and I can see why, they are completely mesmerizing. Waves have rhythm, beauty and awesome power. They can crash like thunder or gently rock you to sleep. Neither it's beauty, nor it's power should be underestimated. 

I welcome comments below. If you have a challenge posting use Anonymous but please put your byline.

This lovely painting is on aution to raise money for Hurricane Sandy relief. Bid now and you could own a Sea Dean Original for only $29. Click on photo to bid.

LINKS TO BLOG ARCHIVE
How many paintings does it take to become a professional Artist?
The importance of Statistics
"Every Painting should have a hint of red"
Where will your painting find a home?
A fascination for Miniatures - ATC, ACEO, OOAK etc  
"I would rather die of passion than of boredom"
 
(Cat # 13016 - posted as # 3 on Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.