Saturday 20 July 2013

KRISTEN AMY CRESSWELL and HIMALAYAS ACEO

KRISTEN AMY CRESSWELL

I met Kristen about a year ago when I was hanging an exhibition. I was alone and finding it difficult and she appeared as if by magic and stepped in to help. At that instant I knew we would be friends. 

Since then I formed the Facebook Group GET YOUR ART OUT THERE and Kristen has been a big help there as well, so much so that after a short time I made her joint moderator. In fact you may have met her when she accepted your request to join and welcomed you to the group. 

If you haven't heard of GYAOT, it is open to anyone with an interest in Art, either as an Art Lover or Artist. You are welcome to join if you wish. We have patrons, poets, musicians, photographers, printmakers, jewellers and painters (sorry if I've missed you) and it is growing in leaps and bounds. Our mandate is to help Artists improve their Art and to learn more about marketing their work. It is also for Art lovers to connect directly with the Artists, watch them experiment and grow and support them in any way they can. As members we all support each other and it has been wonderful to see the friendships blossom.

So back to Kristen and her beautiful work.

KINS
Bio
Kristen Cresswell was raised in the Dutch dairy-farming community of Southern Ontario. In 2006 she moved to Kelowna, BC, which she now calls home. Living in these picturesque provinces has always been a key inspiration to her artistic work. 

BIRD AND THE SUN
Kristen enjoyed expressing herself from a young age. One of her clearest memories is drawing buildings on a new pair of jeans in permanent ink during a bus ride home. Unfortunately, her mom didn’t quite appreciate this burst of creativity quite as much as Kristen enjoyed doing it. 
A self-taught artist, she is as confident with patterns and colours on the canvas as she is in her every day life. Kristen’s clothes and hair are often as bright as her pictures. Since embracing vibrant tones, she says she feels “more like myself than I have my entire life.”

ESCAPE
Kristen is fascinated with the way sunlight changes the way people see a subject. Sunrays and light have been a repeating motif in her work. She celebrates the natural landscape with bright acrylics, and loves painting even on the cloudiest day, refusing to let mood limit her art.

Kristen paints a variety of subjects in rich and bold shades juxtaposed against sharp geometric patterns. The result are striking, vivid works of art, that leap with life from the canvas. 


GAZELLE



In 2012 Kristen showed art at 7 events or exhibitions. 
In 2013 she has participated in 8 events or exhibitions so far! 

"I've always been quite structured and organized with my creative process and creating artwork. Lately though, I have started to allow myself to be more spontaneous, more fluid, more open to my instincts. It's been a challenge but incredibly rewarding and liberating!"

KRISTEN AMY CRESSWELL


1) Bird and the Sun, 36"x36" ($800)
2) Gazelle, 24"x48" ($700)
3) Kins, 18"x24" ($400)
4) newest painting: Escape, 24"x24" ($400)



ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
2.5" x 3.5"
On Auction

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view ALL my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here.

I love Kristen's work and while I was preparing for this blog I started musing about the work of artists which I resonate with and how different my own work is. Then I tried to find which of my paintings was the most like Kristen's work so I could post something complimentary on my Daily Paintworks Gallery. This is what I came up with. 

Himalayas is a miniature, but the style is far more suited to a giant painting. It's one I've always loved and I think the reason it is still in my inventory is mainly due to the size. I'm always happy to paint any of my miniatures in a larger format and willing to work out instalments if that is more convenient for you. 

This painting, HIMALYAS would be spectacular 36" x 24" or even larger. What do you think?

Cat 13013 HIMALAYAS by Sea Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.