Tuesday 30 July 2013

MOONLIT MEADOW ACEO and "Do what is simple for you"

"Recently a friend of mine gave me a book about artists and their studios. One artist's advice was to do what was simple for you. I thought that was brilliant. I think at times we complicate things." - Artist Alice S Helwig

PHOTO OF PAINTING

PHOTO SHOWING SECRET VIOLET SHINE
MOONLIT MEADOW
ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
2.5" x 3.5"

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view ALL my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here. (you must be a member of FB to view)

THIS PAINTING IS SOLD - HOWEVER, I'M ALWAYS HAPPY TO CREATE A SIMILAR PAINTING IN ANY SIZE. FOR DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT ME

SCAN OF PAINTING WITH NO VIOLET SHINE
This was inspired by a photo posted by Amy Mya on PAINT MY PHOTO. Of course my painting is merely an adaptation, but this is sometimes how I inspire myself to pick up the brush. I browse my reference photo, selecting ones which call to me. I search for different subjects on the internet, and most recently I browse through, PAINT MY PHOTO, which is a website where photographers post their work and Artists may use them as a guide for their painting. What a wonderful idea for collaboration.

I am quite an emotional being (what artist isn't?) and what comes easily to me is to work with my emotions. Commissions are very challenging for me because I am usually presented with a photo of a pet or a scene that has a strong emotional connection for the client, but not necessarily me. I have to find something in that photo which works with my emotions, whether it is the colour, something about the composition, or even a story that the client tells me about it. Then I can pick up the brushes and paint.

Here is the original photo and my version. I particularly like the violet interference paint I used in this, you can barely see it here in the scan. It changes colour depending on the light and angle it is being viewed from and is very powerful. It seemed to me that it was perfect for a moonlit scene.


13185 Moonlit Meadow

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. I love it too. Sad that this is the style I love to do most but it's not a good fit for DPW. One of my goals this next year is to find a less conservative outlet to place this type of work in.

      Delete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.