Tuesday 17 September 2013

DAY 18 - 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - DESIGNER NEST

DESIGNER NEST
ORIGINAL BY SEA DEAN
5" x 7 Canvas Panel

 view my Gallery or purchase this original please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

Yesterday, I was admiring a beautiful nest photo by Barbara Tester, the same person who took yesterday's inspiration photo. I decided to paint the nest today. This morning I received a blog from one of my mentors, Julie Ford Oliver, who is also part of the 30 in 30 challenge. She had painted a beautiful commissioned painting of a nest. I love Julie's work and she recently had a sold out exhibition of nests hence the bespoke piece.  
UNFINISHED IMAGE WITH SOUTH MORNING LIGHT

UNFINISHED IMAGE AT NIGHT WITH HALOGEN LIGHT
I've ceased to believe these things are a coincidence and often find that there is some kind of current in the air between Artists. I almost didn't paint this for fear people would think I was copying Julie, however, I know she would understand. I could just as easily be copying Karen Margulis, another mentor who does beautiful pastel nest paintings.

It's storming outside and cold and I can feel winter is on it's way, so it's nice to think about spring and new life. This birdie was quite the designer and had found some luminous moss and brilliant turquoise fluff to decorate her nest. I doubt I would have chosen this photo if I knew just how difficult fluff is to paint. But I did manage to finish in time to post it as the Day 18 painting.







Cat 13230 Designer Nest
Posted on Leslie Saeta 30 paintings in 30 days as number 13
Photo inspiration by Barbara Tester of Paint my Photo
http://paintmyphoto.ning.com/photo/spring-is-in-the-air-7?context=user

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.