Tuesday 17 December 2013

ART PARTY DAY 18 - LITTLE FINCH 2 - ACEO ATC - GIFTS THAT YOU CAN'T BUY - FREE GIFTS



LITTLE FINCH 2 - ACEO ATC
2.5" x 3.5" Canvas Panel
Fine Art Painting
ORIGINAL BY SEA DEAN

On sale at Daily Paintworks. Everyone purchasing from now till 25th December 2013 receives a free print as a thank you. To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

This little finch has stayed in the garden to brighten your winter days. He brings the gift of song to your winter days. He loves all those scraps you lay out for him to keep off the winter chill. 

GIFTS THAT YOU CAN'T BUY
I just saw a poll that showed 18% of people shop for gifts in the last couple of days before Christmas. Wow! I don't think I've ever done that. I'm the shop all year kinda gal (9%).

Why do we give gifts at Christmas anyway? It's a simple question, but one I had to think about .... whirr bang whiz ....... Aha! It's in honour of the gifts given to Jesus by the wise men. Strange gifts by today's standards GOLD, (I could handle that) FRANKINCENSE and MYRHH, hmmf!. But no less strange than today's popular gifts which seem to get more expensive every year. Things like Ipads, massive TVs, trips to Paris or Hawaii, (I wish).

Thinking more on gifts I realized to me the giving is more important than the getting. I live in an affluent society and I have a credit card, I could buy almost anything material for myself. So, what do I really really want that can't be bought? The return of loved ones that have passed on ... a fabulous partner .... a reliable income .... BIll Gates deciding to be my patron .... or the less selfish ones .... a return to barn building community .... world peace .... an end to poverty.

What gift are you dreaming of this Christmas? Choose one thing that can be bought and one that can't. Please leave it in a comment at the end of the blog.

Cat # 13247 Little Finch





2 comments:

  1. If I could have anything I wanted (for me personally) it would be a clean organized home and to lose 50 lbs!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.