Tuesday 31 December 2013

DELICIOUS - MINI MASTERPIECE - 30 Paintings Day 1


DELICIOUS  by Sea Dean
4" x 4" Canvas Panel

Mini Masterpiece

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

When I was a kid it was traditional in England to order a case of apples for the holidays. I think the producers kept back the best in cold storage so they could capitalize on holiday spending. Our treat was tangerines, probably from sunny Tangier, but I remember hungrily leafing through the hamper catalogues in awe of the huge shiny Red Delicious displayed there.

This apple is part of a still life now hanging in my studio, that I painted 13 years ago in oil. I gave the painting to my father who hung it in his bedroom. He often remarked that the apple was so real he felt he could walk over and pick it up. Today I thought it would be fun to paint the apple with professional acrylics and see if I could achieve the same realistic result.

What do you think?

Cat # 13282 - Delicious
7th Day of Christmas

4 comments:

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.