Wednesday 1 January 2014

THE RED BRIDGE - MINI MASTERPIECE - SCOTLAND - 30 Paintings Day 2


Bridge to Eilean Donan Castle
THE RED BRIDGE
ORIGINAL PAINTING BY SEA DEAN
4" x 4" Mini Masterpiece

On auction at Daily Paintworks

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

Cindy Williams, a fellow member of GET YOUR ART OUT THERE, introduced me to this challenge by artist Sharon Whitley. I instantly loved this photo, being a big fan of all things old and anything Celtic. This photo was taken in Scotland, but it reminds me of the castles in Ireland, my second spiritual home.
Eilean Donan Castle, Scottish Highlands

From the outset I was inspired by the bridge, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't crop or redesign the composition to include both the bridge and the castle, so I naturally opted for the bridge. My MINI MASTERPIECE is painted in the expressionist style to reflect my emotional response to the subject and the passion of Scottish Highlanders for their homeland.
Cat # 14001 - The Red Bridge
8th day of Christmas

7 comments:

  1. I love your rich expressive color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful painting! I'd love to see you do the castle also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at things through your eyes, Sea. Great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. This is my favourite style and something I think I should pursue more. Obviously it suits my passion for colour. I think you are right Pam. Maybe I'll give it a go today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. I just took the colours in the photo and enhanced them, applying my colour knowledge with a little luck ;)

      Delete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.