|THREE LUPINS ACEO in Halogen light|
|THREE LUPINS V1|
ORIGINAL PAINTING BY SEA DEAN
4" x 4" Mini Masterpiece
To view my Gallery or purchase this painting visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.
1. I began with changing the background, to something less frantic. I chose light permanent blue, like a summer sky.
2. I worked on defining the flowers. I allowed the colour to move away from blue and violet to give it more pop.
3. I liked this version, which I will call version 1, but the flower rods looked stiff, almost tree like, too much like a Christmas Tree I thought, which would have been fine a month ago.
5. I wanted to add energy to show the flowers were alive and enjoying the sun, so I added some light cadmium to depict them interacting and "breathing" the air around them.
6. The final touches were more pods to suggest an infinite flower bed.
7. The final touch was a thin edge of Matisse Indigo to focus the viewer on the central group.
Lupines always remind me of an English country garden, but these have the pizazz of a Chelsea Flower Show. As you can see, the finished painting is nothing like the original photo, but that's why I'm called an artist and not a copyist.
CLICK HERE FOR AUCTIONS ENDING TODAY
- LAST OPPORTUNITY
Cat # 14008 Three Lupins ACEO