Sunday 9 February 2014

CHERRY STUDY IV

 

CHERRY STUDY VI
ORIGINAL PAINTING BY SEA DEAN
3" x 4"on Canvas Panel


To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

This is a rework of a 5 minute timed study which I did  in 2012. At the time I wanted a quick painterly background because of time constraints, but now I wanted to try a different background. Unfortunately when I changed the surrounding colours, it became necessary to change the colour of the cherry, so the initial 5 minute study turned into a 2 hour redo. Sheesh!

The original background was too dark and too cool. I warmed it up with ivory white and Naples Yellow, but the cherry then also became too cool in comparison. In making the changes the cherry became more graphic, but I quite like that and it was a great learning experience. I have a few more of these to play with and I'm curious what different background choices will result in.


Cat # 12063-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.