Thursday 6 February 2014

GROWING IN LOVE ACEO or ATC

PHOTO TAKEN IN FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT
GROWING IN LOVE
Essence Painting 
ORIGINAL PAINTING BY SEA DEAN
2.5" x 3.5" ACEO OR ATC

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

The original concept was to paint two flowers growing out of a heart. I did this and then allowed the painting to take over and tell me how it wanted to proceed This is the result and I may be biased, but I love it. 

As usual with these decorative paintings there is a substantial amount of GOLDEN copper fine, my favourite iridescent, which actually looks more like bronze or gold than copper. here I've tried to photograph it to show the shine when the light is on it.

When it came time, I found it difficult to name this miniature. "Hearts and Flowers" just didn't seem to encompass all it's variations. I saw all kinds of things in the design. Do you see the face? Actually after I had seen one, I started to see more ... a clown, an owl, big bird, a shy smile. I'm sure there are more. What do you see? 

I also find this is a design which could be viewed either way.


Cat £ 14031 Growing in Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.