Tuesday 4 February 2014

LEMONS - NEW BRUSHSTROKES

LEMONS IN DAYLIGHT
LEMONS IN HALOGEN LIGHT
BRUSHSTROKE DETAIL
LEMONS
PREMIUM PAINTING BY SEA DEAN
6" x 8" on Canvas Panel

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

Sometimes life serves up lemons, it's up to you to make lemonade

This is painted from a photo by fellow artist Evhe. Artists like to challenge each other and this certainly made me stretch. The biggest challenge was making the lemons seem fresh and juicy. I added a lot of fine complementary touches in order to make them pop.

INTRODUCING MY NEW BRUSHSTROKE PAINTINGS

My artistic background is in three dimensional design and to this day, that is where my heart lies. I don't have the space for pottery, jewellery making and sculpture in my present studio and as my studio is also where I sleep, I have moved from oil to acrylic paints. Since I began experimenting with acrylics I've been searching for some way to add a 3 D effect to my work, which is not easy with acrylics. I've tried many ideas and suggestions with varied results. I have now finally found the right look and perfected the technique.

All my 2014 premium paintings will include this beautiful brushstroke effect. Now you can proudly show your acrylic painting alongside your oils and they will merit equal attention. I feel as if this is the culmination of a long journey. This effect alongside other hidden signature techniques, mean that my premium paintings cannot be mistaken for any other artist's work.



Cat # 14029 Lemons

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.