Tuesday 18 February 2014

RED MOUNTAINS on Windpower Vellum


RED MOUNTAINS
ORIGINAL PAINTING BY SEA DEAN
8" x 6" on Windpower Vellum

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

The colour of the sky and the mountain theme was inspired by a photo on Pinterest, but then I applied the concept to my own landscape design. This mountainscape combines many familiar elements, the sawtooth ridge, the glacier and the receding ranges in the distance. This is a spring view of a valley with surrounding mountains still holding most of their winter overcoat.

It struck me that this would also make a wonderful square composition as well as a double horizontal. I'm always happy to adapt one of my paintings to any size and shape on commission.

Cat # 14039 Red Mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.