Monday 17 March 2014

FOREST WALK II - Postcard size original art

FOREST WALK II
6" x 4"on 140lb Strathmore Windpower
ORIGINAL PAINTING BY SEA DEAN

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

This is part of a series of forest paintings in different light, this one being in fall. I am currently working on more fluid, but carefully placed brushstrokes. It wasn't until I photographed the painting that I saw what a strong triangular composition is hidden in the vibrant leaves.

I have spent many happy hours in woodland. It isn't only physical beauty that makes them special, but the marvelous smell of leaves and flowers. We are so fortunate there are still places like this left on earth to enjoy.


Cat # 13226-2 Fall Walk II

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scene, draws me in. Wish I could spend a few hours here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you smell the fallen leaves? Whenever I paint a scene like this I'm transported back to being about 6 years old and playing in the fall leaves and puddles near my house. It's a close call, but I think it's my favourite season.

      Delete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.