Sunday 13 July 2014

PREVENTING SUN DAMAGE TO YOUR HOME - SUMMER GIRL I

SUMMER GIRL I
Original Painting by Sea Dean
7” x 5” Wrap Canvas

Original painting on super auction in my Daily Paintworks Gallery
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here


PREVENTING SUN DAMAGE

We hear a lot about sun damage and harmful UV rays in regards to skin care, but have you thought about what it is doing to your home? I learned this the hard way when I left my new suitcase out on my covered balcony for a few days and ended up with a pale grey patterned suitcase that no longer matched the rest of the black and white set.

Take a look at the Houzz article linked above and learn. I was surprised at some of the things mentioned. One might say illuminated.

I live in a part of Canada famous for it's hot desert like summers and intense sunlight enhanced by numerous reflective lakes. UV damage is rife here, and that is one reason that all my paintings come with a UV protective finish to help stave off sun damage. That being said, to protect your investment, any original art, mono prints and limited editions should be displayed away from direct heat and sunlight and preferably with a humidity controlled atmosphere.


Cat # 13279 Summer Girl I

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.