Thursday 11 September 2014

CRAZY SHOES - DAY TWELVE


by Sea Dean
6" x 6" Acid and Lignin free Canvas Card
Mixed Media

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit Daily Paintworks
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
More from my fellow intrepid and brave artists attempting 30 paintings in 30 days here

Every now and then after a particularly stressful week, I like to cut loose and create something abstract. I suppose this is still part of the SHOE HEAVEN theme, although less realistic. 

I started this by smothering my new and inspiring canvas card with gel, white, turquoise and blue. I pressed bubble wrap into it for texture and allowed it to dry overnight. In the morning I continued to add colour  including fluorescent pink and purple plus yellow ink.

I've been collecting cool glittery things for a while and I started to apply them. This is the really tough part of creating an abstract. People that frequent Art shows but don't create themselves, have no idea how difficult it is to create an appealing abstract. Too little and it looks child like, too much and it overwhelms. As I do this for fun, I don't want it to turn into a stress.

When I had finished I was very pleased with this fun piece. I hope you like it.


14142 - Crazy Shoes ... 
Posted as #4 on the 30 in 30 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.