Friday 12 September 2014

THE MAD GARDENER - DAY THIRTEEN

 

THE MAD GARDENER

by Sea Dean
6" x 6" Acid and Lignin free Canvas Card
Mixed Media

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit Daily Paintworks
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
More from my fellow intrepid and brave artists attempting the 30 paintings in 30 days here


The more I use my new coloured card, the more excited I get. This happy painting started as a straight abstract. I used light magenta card and toned it with cadmium red and big globby piles of turquoise. I let this dry for a couple of days, not sure how to progress.


After finishing CRAZY SHOES yesterday I was invigorated and decided to continue with this. I turned it this way and that and decided that it reminded me of flowers, so I went with it, adding violet and red flowers and an Indian yellow sun with plenty of fine copper enhancements.This is part of a sparkle and shine series that I am working on for a night garden show at the end of September, hence the extra iridescent paint.

I find that the edges of this card tends to curl as the acrylic dries, but I lightly mist the back before bagging and back with a stiff Bristol board. I add a heavy book on top and it flattens out overnight.

Blogger seems to be dulling my images lately, so I hope you get a better image on your screen than I do. Try checking my Daily Paintworks gallery for a brighter version.


Cat # 14143 The Mad Gardener - posted at #11 on 30 in 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.