Saturday 6 September 2014

WHITE FIRE on fire! - DAY SEVEN

 

WHITE FIRE

by Sea Dean
8" x 6" Canvas Panel in an ornate antique frame

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit Daily Paintworks
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
More from my fellow intrepid and brave artists attempting the 30 paintings in 30 days here


This was a little cheat on the 30 in 30 theme. I did a bit of a tweak on this painting and framed it in a gorgeous antique frame to be presented at Art Walk. I have always loved this painting but there was something which was making me uneasy about it and I finally decided that the composition was too balanced. It needed something to make it pop.

I launched in with and antique ivory loaded brush intending to do a substantial shift in the composition, but a couple of brush strokes and turning it 90 degrees did the trick. The background in this thick impasto painting is luscious, almost edible with the unusual combination of bronze, lime and violet making it truly special. But when I put it into its bold frame that was the finishing touch.

Love love love it!


Cat # 12047 - 30 in 30 # 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.