Friday 5 September 2014

THIS IS IT! - CRIMSON CIRCLE - Meet me at Art Walk - DAY SIX



CRIMSON CIRCLE
by Sea Dean

30" X 15" X 1.5"
Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit Daily Paintworks
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
More from my fellow intrepid and brave artists attempting the 30 paintings in 30 days here 


THIS IS IT - FINALLY THE BIG DAY IS HERE

Art Walk is the largest exhibition of art for over 200 miles in either direction. Art lovers come from across Canada to view the work of our local artists who descend on Lake Country from a 50 mile radius. It's exciting. There is a buzz in the air. The entire central area of the town is taken over by Artists and Art lovers chattering about what they've seen.

It's not just a matter of slapping down your $100 for a booth, each 10' x 10' space is won by making your way through a challenging jury system. Every year more and more artists vie for those precious spaces, the bar rises and the quality of the Art on display rivals any in North America.

The work doesn't stop at being chosen. There is grid wall to assemble, an eye catching display to create to stand out from the crowd, and the ever present hanging committee are there to remove any work which doesn't come up to snuff.

As you know I'm a daily painter, so most of my catalogue is under 8" x 10". I love to paint large, but that isn't my market, or hasn't been up till now. Today I am exhibiting at least seven larger paintings and CRIMSON CIRCLE is one of the largest and my favourite piece. Actually I love it.

So if you're anywhere near the Okanagan, come over to Art Walk to enjoy all the activities and beautiful art and stop by my booth to say hi.Commemorative postcards available at my Art Bazaar tent. And remember to pop in and see WALKING IN PARIS at the theme gallery. It's a wonderful exhibition and WIP is on the left back wall as you enter from the main door.


Cat # 14135 Crimson Circle - Posted in the 30 in 30 Challenge as # 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.