Saturday 27 September 2014

WILD PINK FLOWERS - DAY TWENTY EIGHT

WILD PINK FLOWERS

by Sea Dean
Mixed Media
2" x 6" Strathmore Windpower

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Bid on my limited time exclusive SILENT AUCTION here

The pink in this is more brilliant than I see on my screen. 


SAGE REAL ESTATE EXHIBITION in Downtown Kelowna


Yesterday I hung my solo at Sage Realty. I have seven paintings in the lobby and main street window. Pictured are SUMMER BREEZE, ABOVE THE LAKE and LUMINOUS BREAKER. 

Then on to the ROTARY CENTER OF THE ARTS for the kick of to Culture Week and the beginning of the Culture Crawl. For 3 hours we crawled downtown Kelowna and after all that walking on pavement I really was crawling by the end of the night. We went to the Alternator Gallery at RCA, Kelowna Gallery, Hambleton Gallery, The Military Museum, The HeART School, Lululemon, Hemp World (Glass blowing), The Bean Scene. Of course I also lead the group past my solo at Sage and all were duly impressed. It was a lovely evening of eye opening art, ear opening music and historical treats.


 A NIGHT OF A THOUSAND LIGHTS REVIEW
 
I finished the night with an appearance at "A Night of One Thousand Lights" at the new Artizan House. I was happy to see that all five of my submissions were hanging next to some wonderful paintings from artists I admire that complimented mine beautifully. 

The event is a fund raiser for Artizan House and there were all kinds of tasty treats and even a custom made house tea and lots of wine. Various excellent musicians played all evening and there were plenty of places to sit or wander and enjoy the ambiance. 

The event is also open Sunday evening so don't miss it if you are nearby. The whole event is available for a suggested donation of $5 or more and thoroughly worth it.

And here is my work hanging next to Jolene Mackie and ....













 
The video below was taken in daylight, but it gives you a hint of the magical night it was.
 




Cat # 14154 Wild Pink Flowers - Posted at # 7 on 30 in 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.