Friday 26 September 2014

SUMMER BREEZE - DAY TWENTY SEVEN

Detail from Summer Breeze by Sea Dean

Summer Breeze by Sea Dean (see how large the lake is by finding the sailboat)
by Sea Dean
Mixed Media
24" x 36" Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit DAILY PAINTWORKS

Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Bid on my limited time exclusive SILENT AUCTION here


Yesterday I was slated to hang a couple of paintings at Sage Realty on Bernard Ave, Kelowna. (Drop by and see them anytime over the weekend). I had decided to hang them facing the street and I was all ready to go first thing. 

Then I had a conversation with the office manager who was expecting me to hang work throughout the lobby. That meant a scramble because I have nearly 200 paintings on exhibit around Lake Country and Kelowna this month and I was very low on larger paintings. SUMMER BREEZE was in the studio waiting for a tweak and it's time had come. So my day was all about tweaking, photographing, cataloging and hanging. 

The painting at the top is a closeup of some of the changes. I lightened and darkened some values in the sand and water. I widened the trunk of the tree and added more roots. The sail boat had been almost invisible in the big lake, so I added more wake, brighter sails and bow waves. I also tilted the boat to show it was scurrying along on the "summer breeze". As I did quite a bit of work, I think this counts as one of my 30 paintings in 30 days submissions.


BLOG HOPS AGAIN

One of the artists I introduced you to in the blog hop is talking about me today and introducing two new artists to the group. I'm looking forward to reading about the artist's Sheila Delgado has chosen. See her blog here.

How we blog hopped ... Where possible, the first name links to the blog hop blog of that artist and the others are linked to the artist's daily blogs. Hop around and see who you would like to follow.

Sheila Delgado introducing Yevgenia Watts and Karin Naylor
Sea Dean, Marion Hedger and Sheila Delgado
Nan Johnson introducing Sea Dean
Nancy Goldman introducing Nan Johnson, Leslie Redhead and Belinda del Pesco
Deborah Younglao introducing Nancy Goldman and Roxanne Lessa 
Robin Samiljan introducing Deborah Younglao, Barbara Parker and Kathleen Krucoff
Alicia Forestal Boehm introducing Robin Samiljan, Ahavani Mullen  and  Maike van Wijk
Bridgette Gurzon Mills introducing Alicia Forestal BoehmAngie McMonigal and Kari Hall 
Supria Karmaka introducing Brigette Gurzon Mills and Leslie Sobel
Veronika Funk introducing Supria Karmaka, Jill Zaheer and Belinda Firman
Galia Alena introducing Veronika Funk, Laly Mille, Kate Thompson and Becky Cavender


Cat # 11019 Summer Breeze- Posted as # 11 on the 30 in 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.