Thursday 25 September 2014

ACROSS THE LAKE - DAY TWENTY SIX - - DAILY PAINTWORKS PICK OF THE DAY

ACROSS THE LAKE

by Sea Dean
Mixed Media
Raw Edge 6" x 2" Strathmore Windpower

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Bid on my limited time exclusive SILENT AUCTION here

More from my fellow intrepid and brave artists attempting the 30 paintings in 30 days here

Here I was working with Daily Paintworks Challenge to paint rocks. I also wanted to paint the halo effect caused by backlighting a leafy tree. In this narrow format you have to get clever with composition, cropping so the mind fills in the blanks. Here the leafy tree is only a suggestion created by branches dropping from the top of the painting.

This series is intended to be mounted on top of mat board. The image comes right to the edge where the dry paint creates a slightly uneven look. I suggest trimming the mount to a standard frame size 7" x 5" or 10" x 8". The painting comes unmounted, but for an extra charge I'm happy to do the work for you.


Cat # 14153 Across the Lake- Posted at # 3 on the 30 in 30 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.