Saturday 7 February 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANZ MARC

HORSE IN A LANDSCAPE AFTER FRANZ MARC by Sea Dean 12" x 16"

THE TIGER 1912 by Franz Marc

SUN GAZER by Sea Dean - ACEO






















MARC INSPIRED WORK by Sea Dean
"The Tiger" was the first Franz Marc painting that I explored in detail. I was just a teenager, and a few years later, I made a special trip to the Städtische Galerie im Lenbachhaus in Munich, Germany to see the original. I was awestruck by the size, 112cm x 85cm which is about 4 feet x 3 feet. My sketch was only 6" square in coloured pencil! It was then I decided that one day I would create colourful paintings with impact like Franz Marc.

I think what I like most about Marc's work is the stained glass effect and I've always had a passion for Gothic churches and the light seen through ornate windows.

I've painted HORSE IN A LANDSCAPE several times; the oil version above is currently on auction at Daily Paintworks here.

The Marc inspired ACEO, SUN GAZER, is currently showing at Ritchcraft Gallery in Kelowna and is also available here. The bronze/gold highlights make it challenging to capture, but it is fabulous in reality, and only $25 unframed and $35 framed.

Franz Marc was killed in action in the first world war less than a month after his 36th birthday.

See more on Franz Marc here.

Horse in a Landscape Ref 5030
Sun Gazer ACEO Ref 3011

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.