Saturday 18 April 2015

LIBERATE YOUR ART POSTCARD SWAP - Artist Carlyn Clark

NATIVE DANCER by Sea Dean
NATIVE DANCER
10" x 10" Wrap Canvas
$100

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

Sorry if you've already seen this. It published on the wrong day, so you get the joy of seeing Carlyn's work twice.

This lovely design is the postcard I received from Carlyn Clark. It is a super unusual warped tartan effect which is quite mesmerizing. See more of Carlyn's work here.
Postcard by Carlyn Clark

On the back Carlyn has written a quote from John Baldessari ...

"Believe that art is what is left when words are exhausted."

I've pictured the postcard nestled in a pot of my flowers which I'm quite proud of. I moved in July last year and my balcony flowers didn't make it. My new balcony is south facing and the air con belches hot air onto it, so flowers have to be babied.

I was determined this year to start early and give them a good foundation before the heat arrives. Therefore I have filled my planters early and I'm bringing them inside every night. We are still having frost at night here, even though it can go up to 20 centigrade during the day. This potful seems to be enjoying this treatment the most. It has a coral coloured succulent Kalanchoe, a luscious mid pink Geranium and a bright white wave Petunia.

I wanted to find something in my work that echoed Carlyn's style and the painting above seemed to fit because it is so avant garde. It is partially made with a sort of ink blot process using acrylic ink, then embellished.

More about Kat Sloma's project here.


REF 4127 Native Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.