Sunday 19 April 2015

LIBERATE YOUR ART POSTCARD SWAP - Artist Marjorie Thompson

THE OLD HOUND by Sea Dean
THE OLD HOUND
by Sea Dean
12" x 10" Wrap Canvas
$100

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

Postcard by Marjorie Thompson
This lovely postcard portrait (center)  is from Marjorie Thompson of Seattle, Washington, USA who is currently working in Encaustic. It's amazing what she can do with wax. See more of her work here.

On the back of the postcard Marjorie has written a quote from Thoreau...

"This world is but a canvas to our imagination".

I have pictured the postcard on display in my studio gallery with a couple of my pet portraits and a landscape.

I wanted to find something in my body of work that echoed Marjorie's style and the painting above seemed to fit being slightly mysterious and poignant.

More about Kat Sloma's project here.


REF 3209 The Old Hound

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.