Wednesday 22 April 2015

MISTY WAVE

MISTY WAVE by Sea Dean

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

In preparation for a larger painting I sometimes create several realistic studies of the elements to become familiar with a subject first so I can then play with the characteristics. This was the first time I used a wood panel to paint on and although I prepared it with several coats of Gesso, I still found it dried out the paint even with the use of airbrush medium to add moisture.

I always admire paintings of waves. Wave action is very complex and although I've spent hours observing the subject, I think it's one that you could study for decades and still find more that you haven't explored.


REF 5045 Misty Wave

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.