Wednesday 8 April 2015

OGOPOGO'S LUNCH - Art Through the Ages Intergenerational Exhibition

OGOPOGO'S LUNCH
By Sea Dean and Spencer Arguedas

12" x 12" Deep Wrap Canvas

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

Now showing at ART THROUGH THE AGES Inter-generational Exhibition
Lake Country Art Gallery
10356A Bottom Wood Lake Road, Lake Country, B.C. Canada
8 April - 16 May 2015
Wed 8am - 6pm
Thurs and Fri 10 - 4pm
Sat and Sun 11 - 3pm

Painted for the Lake Country Art Gallery Inter-generational Exhibition. The submission calls for a collaboration between at least two people from different generations, so for this painting, I used a drawing made by my nephew Spencer, when he was about 8 years old.

In the Okanagan we have a lake monster similar to the Loch Ness monster, called OGOPOGO. The story must have captured Spencer's imagination on a visit, because he made a lovely drawing with so many fun aspects. I particularly like the eyes of the creatures, the hook and line of the fisherman in the boat above, the speed lines behind Ogopogo and the little fish he is chasing.

The drawing is old, faded and yellowed, as my nephew is now a grown man, so I authentically copied it onto my collage of a weedy lake. I missed most of the childhood of my nephew because he grew up in a different country, so this was a nice way to connect with him as a young boy.

ART THROUGH THE AGES opens Wednesday 8th April at Lake Country Art Gallery on Bottom Wood Lake Road.


Ref 5039 Ogopogo's Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.