Thursday 9 April 2015

RUTLAND PLUMCOT JAM 1909 - URBA Art in Empty Spaces Exhibition


RUTLAND PLUMCOT JAM 1909
By Sea Dean

24" x 24" Wrap Canvas

$350

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

URBA Art in Empty Spaces Exhibition on view in Rutland, Kelowna, BC, Canada
10 April - 20 November 2015
Closing Event and Auction 26 November

This was painted for the URBA ART IN EMPTY SPACES Call. The submission asked for work depicting the "rich history of Rutland". I don't paint a lot of still life, but as the namesake of Rutland had a variety of plumcot named after him, it seemed like a natural thing to paint.

I started with the blossom and worked my way around to the bowl of plumcots and lastly the jam. The cut glass bowl was something that seemed difficult and I almost painted it plain white, but once I started it was a lot easier than I expected.

By the way this is a juried event and I heard yesterday that I got in with a $200 honorarium YAY! I'm moving up in the art world.


Ref 5037 Rutland Plumcot Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.