Friday 10 April 2015

IRRIGATING 100,000 RUTLAND FRUIT TREES 1912 - URBA Art in Empty Spaces Exhibition

IRRIGATING 100,000 RUTLAND FRUIT TREES 1912
By Sea Dean

24" x 24" Wrap Canvas

$350

TODAY I WILL BE ATTENDING THE OPENING OF ART THROUGH THE AGES INTERGENERATIONAL SHOW - MORE INFO HERE
View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

URBA Art in Empty Spaces Exhibition on view in Rutland, Kelowna, BC, Canada
10 April - 20 November 2015
Closing Event and Auction 26 November

This painting is for the URBA Art in Empty Spaces Exhibition. The work had to reflect the rich history of the Rutland area which is why I included the irrigation apparatus. It was customary to have these wooden open pipes on each side of the row of trees and the flow of water was regulated with gates which were manually raised and lowered. Not so visible in this picture are the blue and yellow flowers scattered throughout.

It was not an easy painting for me but I think it worked out in the end. I gained a greater understanding of painting orchards and even more awe for the work of Monet, who makes it look so simple. I needed to add some thicker grasses along the base to balance out the detailed blossom. I was very tempted to add a figure to the right hand side, but decided to leave the scene visually uncluttered.

TODAY I WILL BE ATTENDING THE OPENING OF ART THROUGH THE AGES INTERGENERATIONAL SHOW - MORE INFO HERE
 

Ref 5038

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.