Tuesday 19 May 2015

NEW BLING SERIES - BLUSHING MAGPIE


5" x 7" canvas panel
Mixed Media
sold ready to frame

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Postcards $3and Art Cards $5 here
Fridge Magnets and Totes here

Is there such a thing as a pink magpie? Well there must be, because I saw one. Two other people saw him too and he was only a few feet away. When he flew off he  was pink underneath and so was his tail. Either someone has been tinting magpies around the world, or there is a new breed, because I found many mentions on the internet.

I like anything that shines, the more bling, the better, which is probably why I studied metal work and jewellery design at art college. I've used gold and silver leaf in my paintings before, but this is the first time I've explored it's possibilities. I love what it does, lighting up the painting and adding a new dimension. The only challenge is making a good image that shows it's beauty. This is one painting that must be seen to fully appreciate the delicate layers. The second image shows the blossom as black but this is the mirror effect of the silver, just to give you an idea of how it changes.

With these paintings I was trialing Atelier Interactive Acrylic, with texture, collage and other mixed media supplies. The painting will be finished with brushstroke texture or Gamvar, the first gives a painterly look and the other brightens the colour.

As always feedback is very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.