Tuesday 26 May 2015

VENETIAN AQUA GLASS


VENETIAN AQUA GLASS
by Sea Dean
6" x 4" Oil on Strathmore 140lb
Matted to 10" x 8" soft white with grey flecks

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

When I stayed in Paris, my friend had this lovely antique bottle in her collection and I just had to paint it. The delicate piece definitely had the feel of Roman or Venetian glass and was probably very old. It was quite a challenge to get the rough facets in the stopper and just the right colour for that elegant handle.

I think it's a wonderful idea to preserve a memory with a painting. You probably wouldn't put your grandfather's watch or your grandmother's diamond brooch on display in your house, but a painting of them would look fabulous in a powder room or a library.

I would be more than happy to create such a work for you. The ideas are endless. It may be baby's first shoes or a sporting trophy with the hero integrated in the background. How about the old school tie or ring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.