Monday 29 June 2015

THINKING OF TRAVEL? - Summer Solstice by Sea Dean

SUMMER SOLSTICE by Sea Dean - 12" x 6" Gallery Wrap
Can be purchased on Artfinder

This was an interesting painting to work on because it didn't come together until very close to the end. There is a great deal of variation in the brushwork, from staccato Monet like dashes in the water to dry brushing and palette knife in the sky. That bank of greenish cloud drifting across in front of the sunset was the WOW in this painting.

You may have noticed that I am not creating as many paintings lately because I've stepped back from finishing one each day. However, I think I'm producing some of my best work. All the studying is starting to pay off and I have so many ideas for new series, but I'm forcing myself to go back over works which have troubled me in the past and use new techniques and understanding to make them pop.

I am finally creating paintings which it is very hard to sell. I wish I could keep them all.

VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

TRAVEL TO THE TOP 25 DESTINATIONS IN THE WORLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.