Wednesday 22 July 2015

COLOUR WHEEL ENVY - Mixed Feelings

MIXED FEELINGS ACEO by Sea Dean
VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

COLOUR WHEEL ENVY

There is a wonderful pastel artist called Karen Margulis that keeps recommending her favourite tool, the Hal Reed Analogous Colour Wheel. I have colour wheel envy and last time I checked the only way to get it to Canada it was going to cost $60 CDN, probably now it's $80 CDN with our scary exchange.

Today I found another blog, Summer Secrets: 6 New Art Tools for Under $20 gushing over a similar but not so cool wheel called the Colour Harmony Wheel. Check Etsy here for the tool. This is only $30 CDN.


These things can easily be popped into an envelope and mailed and I have a gripe about how much is being charged for shipping to Canada. Plus they usually send with either prepay duty or via courier where there is a minimum charge on top of duty. I've checked many Canadian suppliers that don't ding you for shipping and no-one seems to stock these wheels. Grrrr!

So in my frustration I turned to my favourite art tool ..... GOOGLE. Instead of typing searches for purchasing a wheel, I typed ANALOGOUS COLOUR WHEEL ONLINE. Bingo!!!

I discovered this wonderful free online tool. Check this out! I'm doing the dance of joy. Of course first up I had to check out my favourite colour and it's various harmonies. And I came up with this yummy colour combination which I can't wait to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.