Tuesday 21 July 2015

FAMOUS ARTIST BIRTHDAY - EDWARD HOPPER - City Lights

NIGHTHAWKS by Edward Hopper
EDWARD HOPPER

Edward Hopper was born July 22, 1882. He was a prominent American Realist. While he was most popular for his oil paintings, he was equally proficient in watercolor and printmaking. 

He specialized in sparse but fascinating glimpses of urban and rural American life. It's hard not to like his work. There is something haunting and mesmerizing about the simple lines and warm colours. Ordinary people going about their ordinary lives without romance or horror. People just like you and I.

Hopper had a long and productive life, passing away May 15, 1967

CITY LIGHTS

As much as I would love to paint like him, I don't think there is anything similar to Hoppers in my work. This Cityscape at least shows contemporary American Life in warm afternoon light. I like this painting a lot. It is painted in watery acrylics and ink on Canson Arches board. Available at Daily Paintworks.

CITY LIGHTS by Sea Dean
VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.