Monday 20 July 2015

THE FACEBOOK POKE - Glimmer on the Lake

GLIMMER ON THE LAKE by Sea Dean
I've been working on this painting for some time. The challenge was the angle and the sense of distance. I've had some requests for local scenes and so I'm working on painting a few to exhibit in some upcoming shows. This depicts our new bridge which has made such a difference to the area west of the lake. I will take a better photo in the light tomorrow. It's late and the colour balance is a bit off in places, but you get the jist. Available on Daily Paintworks.

VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here


THE FACEBOOK POKE

I was poked today. I've had pokes before and never really knew why and so I ignored them. They seem to come out of the blue and not connected to anything I've said or done. Today I thought I had better investigate. This is what a Google gave me.

Following are the correct meanings of poking at facebook. 
1. A “poke” is basically someone trying to get your attention. 
2. If you poke someone not in your network and they poke back, you can view their profile even if your not their friend!

As I suspected, meaningless and vaguely dangerous.

Have you ever used a poke and why? Did you know about #2? Leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.