Sunday 9 August 2015

ON THE VINE


VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

On the Vine is my newest winery painting. It may be purchased by contacting me. $195 plus shipping.

My biggest challenge with these vineyard paintings are not the grapes, but the leaves. Green is always a very difficult colour to work with, but in this case it's not the colour, but the sense of life and dappled sunlight that I'm trying to convey. I've been working on two other vine paintings, but I needed a fresh start, so I chose an inspiration photo with a horizontal aspect and proceeded with gusto.

I'm quite pleased with this painting and I think it is captivating enough endure the jury process for some upcoming submissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.