Tuesday 29 September 2015

AFFORDABLES - Tree I


TREE I
Affordables Series
12" x 9" Canvas
Special $75 for one day then regular $100 including shipping.



This is the penultimate painting of the 6th running of the 30 paintings n 30 days challenge. I always say I will never do this again, and this time I signed up with the full intention of putting no pressure on myself to complete a full 30 paintings. However, I've done it again.

This painting was initially inspired by a video shared by Sharon Greaves



Then as I was painting I added some negative painting ideas gleaned from Kim Rempel. http://www.kimrempel.com/

Finally I used my favourite paint of the moment, Amsterdam Zinc White.
http://www.amazon.com/Amsterdam-Acrylic-120Ml-Zinc-White/dp/B003LK2YXW

I saw another artist using what I thought may be Zinc White in her abstracts this weekend and wanted to see if I could make layers in the same way. I think I need several more layers to get the effect she achieved, but I like how it looks here, so I decided to stop at one layer.


Day 30 of 30 paintings in 30 days
Posted on Leslie Saetas Blog as #11

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.