Monday 14 September 2015

LAKE COUNTRY MEMORIAL MURAL - Faces of Lake Country


FACES OF LAKE COUNTRY by Sea Dean
FACES OF LAKE COUNTRY
by Sea Dean

NFS

This is another creative Lake Country project in the vibrant art community of Lake Country, B.C., Canada. The 10th anniversary of the inception of Lake Country is 2 May 2015 and to celebrate we are creating a collaborative mural. The mural will be installed on the side of the Memorial Hall which is next to the Municipal Building. Unveiling is May 2nd of this year.

A painting was submitted to the municipality as a guide for the mural and depicts one of the many lakes in the area. The painting was divided into squares and each artist receives one 12" x 12" metal square with an assigned section of the above painting. The artist can paint anything they wish on the square as long as the colour matches the swatch.

I received a square which is part of the lilac hill in the background and above is my painting. The paint was dried out, thick, matte and gloopy so the detail I had planned wasn't going to work. I ended up deciding to score in a pattern. It may be difficult to see, but there is a sun or flower shape and in some of the petals I have scored faces which represent my family and other Lake Country residents. In each corner is an aspect of Lake Country, a skier, a water-skier, a tree and a mountain scene.

The painting is not for sale because it will be installed as part of the mural, but I'm always happy to take commissions for similar work. I'm also contemplating creating postcards for the gallery store. If you would like one let me know.

Finished Mural (Can you see this painting?)
Original Inspiration Painting





















View my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

REF Faces of Lake Country 15040

Day 15 - 30 paintings in 30 days - Posted on Leslie Saeta's blog as #16

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.