Friday 18 September 2015

OCEAN BREEZE - Exhibition Size


OCEAN BREEZE
by Sea Dean
Exhibition Size 12" x 24" Deep Gallery Wrap
Mixed Media

A little departure from my AFFORDABLE Series, but nonetheless I'm still working on improving my abstract skills for the 30 paintings in 30 days theme. This is a painting I started some time ago and for various reasons put it aside. I finally had time to finish it and I'm pleased with the result.

This painting has small amounts of silver iridescent paint to add interest. The peaceful colours enhance contemplation and the lively style inspires action. A great painting for an office environment. As usual with my abstracts this painting shows well from any angle. I like them all

View my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

I'm taking part in the Leslie Saeta 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. DAY 19

My theme is abstract expressionist/impressionist explorations. I've painted many abstracts, but I feel I need to develop a consistent style. When I visit a gallery it is always the abstracts that catch my attention, particularly if they have an interesting palette, so it's time I developed my own series.

So here is "Ocean Breeze". The painting is finished to a high shine with Gamvar, museum quality varnish. It is strange how some abstracts come together quickly and others take time to find their voice. This was one of the latter. I love the final colour combination and the breezy feel.


Day 19 - 30 paintings in 30 days - Posted on Leslie Saetas Blog as #10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.