Saturday 19 September 2015

WHITE LINES II

WHITE LINES II by Sea Dean 20" x 20" Wrap Canvas

View my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here


I was so pleased with the result of my smaller abstract, WHITE LINES I, that I decided to create a triptych. It sounds a bit impromptu, but I've been dreaming about all white paintings with lots of texture for some time now.

I am introducing each panel separately because I'm selling them individually. I can create as many panels as the buyer desires to fit their space. A 3 seater sofa looks wonderful with three panels above it and likewise so does a queen or king size bed.

Although the initial design idea was used vertical lines, each panel looks just as good in horizontal format. Therefore, as with most of my abstracts, each panel can hang any way up. They can also be combined like tiles, so the combinations are endless.




What I discovered while photographing the images for this series, is that white is highly challenging to depict accurately. White reflects any light which surrounds it, so, during the day the panels will appear more blue and at night they will have a warmer cast. You can play on this by testing various light bulbs to get the desired effect. As the panels are white, a small projector with changing filters would be spectacular.

The colour of your walls is also a factor. I painted the panels on a pale blue ground, and the cooler undertones prompted me to select warmer whites. Currently I have them displayed on sage walls which are complementing the warm whites, but on a cool background they would have more punch.


My 20th painting in my 30 paintings in 30 days quest - Posted as # 51  on Leslie Saetas Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.