Tuesday 13 October 2015

THAT WHICH I SHOULD HAVE DONE I DID NOT DO

“That Which I Should Have Done I Did Not Do (The Door)” 

HOW I MET IVAN ALBRIGHT
The blog link above is from an artist I follow, Cindy Michaud.

I would be very interested in what you think of this painting and Magic Realism as a whole. Please read what I have said here and comment below.

When I'm studying a famous painting, I like to examine the complete work, taking into account the size and accordingly the impact of it's presence. I then zoom in and study detail and brushwork. I google to find different images and get various versions of the colour palette (many internet images are very poor in their representation of paintings).

I think it's important to get my own analysis and views down before I read those of another person. Then and only then, I read the impressions of other viewers and Art historians. I recommend trying the same process and I think you will find it an enriching experience.

More on "The Door"

More on Ivan Albright

I was thinking about doors and remembered that I have this lovely Tree Ornament with a decorated holiday door. It comes with a gold ribbon hanger. It certainly has a different feel the Albrights door. It is part of my Tree Ornament collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.