Thursday 31 December 2015

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - DAY 1 - SUNLIT FOREST


SUNLIT FOREST
3.5" x 4.75" Watercolour
French Watercolour Paper



SHIPPING 16th MARCH 2016 OR LATER - SOME PAINTINGS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH FROM MY OUTLETS AS NOTED IN DESCRIPTION ON DAILY PAINTWORKS

It's some time since I used water colour and I enjoyed it was a nice change watching the water spread and dry, leaving interesting patterns behind. This painting was inspired by a rather ordinary photo that spoke to me when I was looking through my image file. It was the patterns of the branches and twisted trunks that fascinated me.

I used my mini water colour set and a little sketch book I found in Paris. The Aquarelle sketch book was purchased at Sennelier, a store near The Louvre, frequented by the Impressionists, so it is top quality. The paint set is a Pocket Field Sketch Box by Koi Water Color. I love the dry blocks which wet down easily and are highly pigmented. I also love the accompanying brush which has a built in water reservoir, so when painting Plein Air I don't need a water container.

Stay tuned for more new paintings in the next 30 days.

If you are an artist and would like to join in, here is the link - 30 in 30
Posted as #633

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.