Sunday 20 December 2015

3D SCULPTURE - A NEST FOR ONE - SOLD ... A NEST FOR TWO - AVAILABLE

A NEST FOR ONE
SOLD

This is one of my favourite works of 2015 and it's on it's way to Alaska; a addition to the journey of my creations around the world. I sold the nest through a UK website where it was priced in British Pounds and yet my U.S. buyer, found it, loved it and purchased it, via the internet. That is the impressive power of internet presence.

A NEST FOR TWO
Purchase on Artfinder

My nest series is one that is close to my heart. I've sold many nest paintings from miniature ACEO to 10" x 15" and now a sculpture. It seems to be a subject that speaks to all ages and all sections of society. A nest is a symbol of hope and new life, it  speaks to anyone that has brought a child into the world and inspires happy memories of childhood.

As I progress from the new kid on the block to a weathered professional artist, my direction is beginning to crystallize. Staying close to nature represents my true inner self. Still life and landscape paintings are very challenging to me and I've recently realized that is because there is no movement. When I add an animal or bird to a landscape it breathes life into the painting: In my nests it is the hint of life inside the egg which adds just enough gaia energy.

So no doubt you will be seeing more nests, birds, animals, figures and movement in my work in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.